Week 1 of Twelve Weeks of Christmas projects
For the next twelve weeks I am going to put up a project for each week until Christmas. The instructions will be included in this blog so that you can download them free and make up the project yourself. There is also a video you can watch.
The idea of these projects is that you can use the basic idea and create your own masterpieces in your own colours and add your own flair to them.
Today I am going to use the Beauty of the Earth Designer Series Paper (DSP) to make a simple card to start off the projects. I am guilty of not using this wonderful suite enough! I will also use the Beauty of Friendship Stamp set for the sentiment.
I added some Brushed Metallic Cardstock for one of the layers and embossed the sentiment in gold. You could use any DSP you have on hand for this card.
In the video, there are a few hints of cutting cardstock and trying not to waste usable pieces. I hope you enjoy creating this for yourself and if you are interested in purchasing some of the products, please click on the links below to buy them and use the host code for October when you are making your purchase. This will only last for this month and there will be a new hostcode for November.
I used Early Espresso as the base and for the sentiment, a layer of Brushed Gold Cardstock and the DSP as well as Versamark Ink and Gold embossing powder for the sentiment and added a gilded gem and some gold trim on the front of the card.
- Base: 1 piece of Early Espresso cardstock 21 x 14.85cm scored in half at 10.5cm
- Sentiment: 1 piece Early Espresso for the sentiment 2 x 8cm
- Layer 1: I piece of Brushed Gold Metallic cardstock 10 x 14.3cm (with the centre removed).
- Sentiment layer: 1 piece Brushed Metallic Gold 2 x 8cm
- Layer 2: DSP 9.5 x 13.8cm
- 1 piece Basic White cardstock 10 x 14.3cm (optional piece of DSP to decorate it)
- 15cm gold trim
- Gilded Gems
- Mini Dimensionals, Stampin’ Seal
- Scissors, Heat gun, Paper Trimmer
- Gold Embossing Powder
- Glue DSP to Gold brushed Metallic layer and place this on the base layer
- Add Basic White insert with optional strip to inside of card.
- Add a little Stampin Seal where you wish to add your gold trim and place trim down on it. Add Gold Metallic Sentiment layer on top of gold trim to hide glue
- Stamp sentiment in Versamark and emboss in gold on Early Espresso and add to card on top of Gold Metallic layer.
- Add gilded gem (optional)
Remember to use the October Host Code 9NVCPRBC on your order to receive a discount.