Week 2 of Twelve Weeks of Christmas projects
Welcome to Week 2 of the Twelve Weeks of Christmas projects. Today I am continuing with Beauty of the Earth suite using the DSP and the stamp set.
I love this sentiment ‘Friendships refresh the soul’ and it is especially appropriate this year as we have spent so much time in lockdown and I know I have appreciated technology to keep in touch with friends.
For this card I used more colours of the DSP as well as the Tailored Tag Dies. The tags come in several different sizes and two slightly different shapes. Don’t just use them for gifts! I coloured some ribbon to tone in with the card colours. Instructions for the card and the video are below.
I recently made another card using the same Tailored Tag Dies which you can see below. I used the Pansy Suite for this card and also the bark Embossing folder. You are never tied to a particular DSP for your cards so it fun to create your own take on this. In fact I’d love to see photos of your cards in the comments below!!
- Base: 1 piece of Misty Moonlight cardstock 21 x 14.85cm scored in half at 10.5cm
- Sentiment: 1 piece Basic White 3 x 8cm
- DSP Layer : I piece of Beauty of the Earth DSP 5 x 14.85 cm . and one strip 1 x 14.3 for inside of card.
- Strips behind DSP: 1.5 x 14.85cm in Cinnamon Cider.
- Tags: Cut two from contrasting DSP that uses the colours in your main DSP layer and one from vellum (after you have stamped it – see below).
- Insert: 1 piece Basic White cardstock 10 x 14.3cm (optional piece of DSP to decorate it)
- 15cm White crinkled seam binding ribbon coloured to match the card colours.
- Mini Dimensionals, Stampin’ Seal
- Scissors, Heat gun, Paper Trimmer
- Cinnamon Cider and Early Espresso ink
- Stamp set: Beauty of Friendship
- Clear Embossing Powder and heat gun
- Water Painter.
- Stamp the tree on the vellum in Early Espresso and add the tree branches in Cinnamon Cider. Be careful as this will remain wet for a time. If you wish, you can sprinkle some clear embossing powder on the ink and heat dry. This will give it a shiny appearance. Cut out vellum tag.
- Stamp sentiment on Basic White in Cinnamon Cider. Again, I added some clear embossing powder to this and heat set it. Trim around the sentiment freehand.
- Colour the ribbon with a water painter and Cinnamon Cider ink and allow to dry. (Again you can use the heat gun to speed this process up.)
- Glue strips of Cinnamon Cider to back of DSP and place behind the DSP to make a narrow border. Glue in place on front of the card base in your chosen place.
- Using coloured ribbon join the three tags together and tie off in a bow. Add a little glue to back tag and place on card. The other two can move freely.
- Add sentiment on dimensionals to the bottom of the card.
- Insert: Add DSP strip to white insert and glue insert to inside of card. You can also add another sentiment inside if you wish.
Remember to use the October Host Code 9NVCPRBC on your order to receive a discount.