Week 6 of the Twelve Weeks of Christmas Projects
In this Christmas project, we are creating some delightful three dimensional flowers from petals cut using the Pansy die set, with realistic colours applied using blending brushes. The video provides instructions on how to put it all together, and gives you some ideas to inspire you to use them.
- Pansy Dies (small petal and leaves)
- Basic White cardstock and Garden Green cardstock (assorted scraps)
- Inks: your choice – I used Daffodil Delight, Highland Heather, Calypso Coral and Polished Pink with other coordinating inks for my samples
- Two small circles (about 1/2″ and 1″) for bases for petals in coordinating coloured cardstock.(The Picture This dies are good to use for this! Use the circles that have been cut out when you use the die and use the remaining for another card!!)
- Multipurpose glue and glue dots
- Blending brushes
- Twine or thread for centre of flower
- Gilded Gem
- Cut out nine small petals in Basic white and five leaves in Garden Green.
- Using your blending brush colour each petal until you are happy with the result. Colour both sides of the petal.
- Use a different colour and the blending brush for the centre of the flower petal (under the stamen)
- Using your bone folder curl the petals upward and add a glue dot on the bottom of each petal near the centre of it.
- Place five petals on the larger circle.
- Make the second layer the same way and using multipurpose glue, attach centre petals to lower petals, working them so they are still curled. Use your finger to mould them as you wish.
- Place a small piece of twine along your bone folder and wrap the twine several times around this. Use the smaller piece to tie it off so it looks like the beginning of a pompom. Slip off bone folder and cut as you would with a pompom. Add glue dots to the centre and place the stamen in the centre of the flower.
- Add a gem (optional) to the centre.
- Using multipurpose glue, glue your leaves in pairs and one single under the lower petals.
- At this stage you can use Wink of Stella if you want some sparkle on your petals!
Remember to use the November Host Code EYFUHQ2T on your order to receive a discount.