Artistically Inked

I have been very lax in getting up blogs and posts in these past few months. This has mainly due to feeling unwell for several months and not having energy to think about being creative!! Hopefully I am over that and able to fulfil the challenge that I have set myself – posting each week!

I have felt that I have not used many of my stamps enough and have decided to use each one that I own from the current catalogue to create a project.

My first stamp set is “Artistically Inked”. I do love this set and loved the DSP when it was current too!! Today has been a ‘finding inspiration’ exercise. My first card today was inspired by a card created by CreatewithTerri. I changed it a little bit to add my own personality to it.

The card base is Thick Basic White and everything else has been stamped on Basic White cardstock. I used the Timeworn Embossing folder on the first layer. I then wrapped some Sweet Sorbet Metallic Ribbon around this and frayed the ends.

Terri has made a video of how she created the top layers of the card and I followed this. I diecut my top layer in Gold foil and added a small piece of Adhesive Sheet to the wrong side of the gold foil so that it would adhere to the layer below when added to the card.

The coloured layer started as Basic White cardstock. I trimmed all the little leaves from this and then stamped the flowers from the stamp set in Melon Mambo and Berry Burst. The leaves were stamped in Granny Apple Green. I then placed the gold layer on top of this and added the whole thing to the card front with dimensionals.

The sentiment was stamped in Berry Burst and also added with dimensionals. I added some In Colour pearls to the card as well.

My second card uses the colours Tahitian Tide, Lost Lagoon and Basic White. I stamped the flowers in Tahitian Tide and the leaves in Lost Lagoon. Some of these leaves were stamped off to add texture.

A piece of Lost Lagoon was used as the first layer and I then stamped the abstract image across the middle of the next layer. The flowers and leaves were cut with the dies. I laid these on the first white layer to work out how I wanted to set out the card front. Some were glued on with Multipurpose glue and the flowers were added with dimensionals. The flowers also had some Wink of Stella on them. Once they were glued in place, I added some random dots in Lost Lagoon. I used a piece of Lost Lagoon Ribbon behind the sentiment and added some 2022-24 In colour pearls to highlight the card.

I hope you like these cards and would love it if you left a comment to this blog!!

Product Listing

Prices subject to change. Terms and Conditions may apply. Displayed prices were correct on 11 August 2023.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *